jwstewar, question for you?

jwstewar

Staff member
I run the high lift blades from New Holland. Never did actually go with the Gatorblades. I think Murph did. When I went to get the Gatorblades Franklin didn't have them in stock, so I've just stayed with the high-lift. They do a better job than the standard lift of picking the grass up where the front tires mash it down. They will bog a bit more though if the grass is wet or long something unfortunately that it has been both a lot this there. I think the high lift blades are $4 or $5 more than the standard lift blades.

jwstewar

Staff member
I sometimes still wonder about removing some of the back of the deck. I'm too chicken to do it though.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Me too. I do keep the rear raised 1/2" higher than what the little chart on the mower says. If the front are set at 3", I set the rear at 3 1/2" and it cuts just fine with less problems.

jwstewar

Staff member
I haven't tried that one, may have to give that one a try. Of course, I'm afraid to touch too much right now, since my little adventure with the gear box a few weeks ago, everything is working pretty well - don't want to mess with the laws of nature and change something.:bonk: