liftbar rubbing on wheel

horseappraiser

Hi -

New Holland 1520, the liftbar is rubbing on the inside of the wheel when implement is attached. How do we align?? We are rookies. Thanks!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

There should be some sort of linkage that goes from your lift arm towards the center of the tractor where it attaches to the frame. You want to tighten those linkages so your lift arms can't swing out far enough to hit the tires.

Actually, IIRC the New Hollands have the linkage on the outside. There may be 2 bars on the outside that have a series of holes and a pin. You need to adjust so they don't swing out so far. They're the gold bars in the pic.

OK, I did a google search for pics.
images

jwstewar

Staff member
On my TC-24D New Holland uses turnbuckles. These can in theory should be easy to adjust and allow you to be at infinite positions. But I find that they can sometimes be very difficult to adjuster. It depends on if there is any pressure on the turnbuckles from the attached implement. It also depends on how much dirt and stuff is on the turn buckle. I will spray my turnbuckles down frequently with WD-40 (it is cheap and has decent "pressure") to wash dirt and stuff off the threads of the turnbuckles. I will then take them off probably once a year or so and take them completely part to clean them up. Still there are times that I have to stick a screwdriver in the hole in the turnbuckled to adjust it. This requires quite a bit of time/effort because you can only get a half turn or so because of hitting the tires and other things.

Sunrise Acres

Three Point sway

Hi -

New Holland 1520, the liftbar is rubbing on the inside of the wheel when implement is attached. How do we align?? We are rookies. Thanks!

By the looks of your picture you are missing the pins in the outer linkage to stabilize and position the three point. They should have light chains attached to a 1/2 inch pin. The inner most holes are slotted to allow some movement which is good, but stops it before hitting the tires.