Dying Rhinos

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Brother in law & his son in law both have Rhinos, 2007 models, 660.
Both are just like new. The other day, the first time they went riding on hills. Both full of fuel, both run perfect in everyway, BUT, when going down a steeper hill, they BOTH die. Like you shot them instantly. This is not a one time thing, it is everytime they go down this hill. Other than that, on level ground, going uphill, sideways, etc, things are perfect. Going downhill, death to all.
I Was told, there is a safety switch or shutoff thingy on these machines. Do anybody have a clue what is going .
There is NO water in the fuel.
I don't have a clue, we have Kubota RTV.
**** Any and all answers and suggestions is appreciated much ..

....... jamie

Attachments

• squirrel_beer.gif
    squirrel_beer.gif
    92.1 KB · Views: 173

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
did they yank that fuel shut off rollover valve yet?just take it out and run a fuel line to the top of the rops and install a clear see through filter on top to keep bugs and dust out the line.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
did they ever find the shutoff switch? need update wait if i'm not mistankin isn't the 660's a carbed engine?it could be the float is up on an angle and shutting off the fuel.if the carb gets on too much of an angle the right way thats what will happen. depending on how you tilt a carb if you tilt it one way the float will flood the bowl with gas and if you tilt it anotherway it will shut the gas off.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yup just done a search and the rhino didn't come out with efi until 08.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
did they ever find the shutoff switch? need update wait if i'm not mistankin isn't the 660's a carbed engine?it could be the float is up on an angle and shutting off the fuel.if the carb gets on too much of an angle the right way thats what will happen. depending on how you tilt a carb if you tilt it one way the float will flood the bowl with gas and if you tilt it anotherway it will shut the gas off.

Gotta check and find out.
Where he lives, he don't have any hills. Also, he been working non stop since. But I will find out.
He was up in Arkansas on a small vacation when this happened >>>>>>>>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea from reading what you posted they only die going down hill so to me that would be the flaot shutting the gas flow off when they are going uphill the float is dumping gas into the bowl i think the only reason they are not dying going up hill is they are useing up the extra gas and not flooding it out.