PDA

View Full Version : JD 5203 PTO problems

gdcmarine
08-10-2011, 01:02 PM
I bought a new 2008 JD 5203, it now has 123 hrs on it and the transmission and hyd oil gets very hot after bushoging 1 acre. It only gets hot when using
the pto to drive a new 6' frontier bushog. Just cutting a hay field that is not very high. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it before I burn it up?

bordercollie
08-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Hi, How you changed the Hydraulic fluid and filter? Also check your manual and see if it also has a screen in the transmission as well. The hydraulic filter and screen (if it has one) can clog up and restrict the fluid . New machines will have more metal "slush" because of breaking in. I changed the hyd fluid in my new Kioti DK40 and it had a good bit of sludge on the magnetic drain plugs, from break end at just 98 hrs. bordercollie

urednecku
08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
The rear diff. housing on my Kubota M7040 gets so hot you can't hold your hand on it. I hauled it back to the dealer -about 65 miles each way- & they couldn't find anything wrong. Seems the hydrolic fluid does get real hot--to the touch. It's now 4 years old and has 500 hours on it with no problems. I put a thermometer in it, I cant remember for sure but think it was around 170 -180* F.

BUT-- make sure one of the hydrolic leavers are not partly open where there is pressure on the system that's forcing oil thru the relief valve.