Modify ROPS

machold

My B3030 comes with a rigid ROPS. Has anyone modified a ROPS to add hinges to fold them down?

Anyone have a price on the Kubota foldable ROPS for the B3030?

Kanook

Also..If you ever need /want to trade it in, the dealer would have to discount the cost of restoring to spec....They couldn't resell it with that modified ROP..liability issues.

machold

The trade-in value doesn't concern me; I don't foresee any trade-in. But instead of adding hinges, why not just lower the ROPS to a lower but still safe height?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My Kubota 3010 comes with a fold-able ROPS and I've never had it folded down.

Do you need fold-able for storage only? Your dealer might be able to swap you for a fold-able one but I suspect it would be rather expensive.

Mith

Never shorten a ROPS, they are made that tall for a reason (to stop the tractor rolling all the way over if you are unlucky enough to tip it on its side).

machold

You're right, never shorten, because the rigid ROPS on my B3030 is already short enough; the foldable is 8 inches higher.

machold

What about modifying by adding hinges? If they were much like the ones on foldable ROPS, of the same gauge steel, etc, why not?

Tennslim

My LM2800 has a foldable ROPS which I NEVER fold down. That safety device has saved my bacon from low hanging limbs many times. Catch a tough limb and the whole tractor simply stops.
Semper FI

machold

Thanks for the reply. I am not going to modify the ROPS; better safe than sorry. The limbs are going to be trimmed instead.