3140 clutch bleed.

ohdeere

Hello everyone,

Working on my uncles old and very rat nested 3140, the problem is the clutch doesn't fully disengage. The clutch is hydraulic and typical of my family maintenance the reservoir is totally empty. Now my question is i can bleed down to the slave but their is another hydraulic line leading out of the slave up to the top of the transmission right under the cab. Where does this line go and what does it connect to and if and how can i bleed this?

Thanks for your help

Will

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Will. Welcome to Net Tractor Talk internet tractor forums.
Sorry no one has come around with an answer for you yet.
I don't know the answer but wanted to welcome you here. Normally we have someone here who can offer some helpful hints on whatever the problem is. Hopefully someone will chime in here soon.

jd110

That extra oil line goes to a lock-out mechanism for the hi-lo shift It was supposed to prevent the shift of hi-lo while clutching. he quit putting it on newer models. As a matter of fact, you can just diconnect that line and cap it off if you desire. If you want to keep it, there is a bleed screw on the lock-out cylinder. The best procedure for bleeding the clutch and the lock-out is to attach a hose to the bleed screw and force fluid backwards through the system and back into the reservoir. Start with the clutch slave cylinder and then do the lock-out.

jd110

There should be an access panel to remove in the floorboard. Right under the clutch and brake pedals.