Need help installing heaters

dickdl

I purchased engine and transmission heaters for my TS125A but they came with no installation instructions. My closest dealer was recently closed and the next closest is too far away to go there for help. Can anyone tell me where to find installation instructions for these heaters? I am not even sure whether they are installed on the left or right side of the tractor. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Are they plug heaters, radiator, pad, dipstick...? If it's OEM heaters, a part or model # for the heater will help.

dickdl

They are OEM part numbers 87718030 Heater and 8602005 Heater. I believe the engine heater is installed by removing a freeze plug but I don;t know any more specifics than that. The transmission heater based on the part appears to screw in somewhere but I have no idea where and.or if I need to drain hydraulic fluid first, etc.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The only thing I found that might help with this issue is an add saying you can "ask new holland mechanics" new-holland.justanswer.com

I've seen some sites like that and I do believe they charge you for the answer, but my firewall won't allow me to that site right now so I cannot verify.

dickdl

Thanks for the info but I couldn't find anything in these sources. I haven't tried the justanswer.com site yet as they charge for answers. I was thinking of just buying a service manual until I saw the cost ($550 for manual on CD was the cheapest I found). Still hoping maybe someone on this site has access to one and can help me out. Or even if someone has a TS tractor with them already installed that could send pictures would be a big help.

Sunrise Acres

New Holland Block Heater

I purchased engine and transmission heaters for my TS125A but they came with no installation instructions. My closest dealer was recently closed and the next closest is too far away to go there for help. Can anyone tell me where to find installation instructions for these heaters? I am not even sure whether they are installed on the left or right side of the tractor. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I just installed a block heater on my TC33D New Holland Tractor. The engine frost plug I took out was on the left front just behind the alternator. You don't need to remove the alternator to install it. Release the pressure on the radiator. place a pan under the plug area to catch the anti freeze. Take a long punch and tap the side of the frost plug. It will turn. Then take a long needle nose pliers and wiggle it until out. Clean and wipe the hole. Slip the block heater in and tighten slowly. Position the heater so you can attach the cord. I think the screw torgue is 25 inch pounds.