How to tell what year your tractor is?

RC59

This is my first old tractor, I just got from a neighbor who had it for a short while himself. Neither of use have any idea what year it is or how to tell, or what to look for.
So I guess what my question is, is what should I look for in identifying it?
Here's what I do know:
It's a Ford, it has the words "Industrial 2000" under the current paint.
I did find a number stamped on the "bell housing" on the left side directly behind the engine. The number is "141457'" preceded and followed by a diamond shaped stamping.
There is also another number just above that, 203 0 3, spaced like that.
I believe it's somewhere between a '53 to a '57, but honestly that's just a guess.
My neighbor said he thinks it's a "jubilee", but doesn't know what year either.

Any clues or suggestions on where and what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, also, it's a 4 cylinder gas engine with a 4 speed transmission. I installed a Front End Loader on it for my neighbor while he still owned it, after he had removed an old non-functioning back hoe.
I would also like to know where I can get parts for it such as engine gaskets and seals, and maybe a shop manual for it.
Many thanks for your help.

Rick C., AKA-RC59

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

See if this looks like your tractor. If so it's a 1962-64 2000 Utility tractor

RC59

OhioTC18 & Doc,

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the quick response.
I went to the picture that you sent me to TC, and it's a close match, but not quite it. There was one for sale that looked closer, but even it didn't match exactly. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220891111245 This is the one that I was looking at that's for sale that looks really close.
Mine has a big round boss or nose on it that looks like a big emblem or badge would have mounted on it there. The ones in the pictures have the raised hood area over the gas tank like mine, but those show the hood, or whatever you call it stopping before it reaches the very front of the sheet metal, like mine does, but on mine the raised area carries on to the very front and it blends into the sheet metal at the front and forms the the boss for that emblem or badge. Does that make sense to either of you? The one in the pics has the hood just stopping abruptly above the grille without blending in at all.
I don't have any pictures of it yet, but I've already begun to tear it down to do some repairs, such as the freeze plugs and gaskets on the engine.
If you need pictures to see what I'm referring to, let me know and I'll try to get some and load the up here.

Thanks again,

RC59

Last edited:

jwstewar

Staff member
Please post the pics. We love pics, even if we aren't able to answer your questions.:wave:

RC59

OK, I'll get some of it today and post them. It's in pieces though, so I'll have to get shots of the sheet metal by itself.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, I'll get some of it today and post them. It's in pieces though, so I'll have to get shots of the sheet metal by itself.
Can you make a collage of those pics to get it back into a tractor? :whistle: Just kidding.

RC59

Ok, here's a few pics of my tractor, if I can do this right, lol!

A friend of mine has a '53 Jubilee tractor that has been restored, and his sheet metal looks exactly like mine, except in better shape, LOL.
Are all of the ones that have the big emblem on the front called "Jubilee", or is it just the '53's?

Thanks for the help.

Rick

Attachments

• DSCN3403.jpg
    DSCN3403.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN3404.jpg
    DSCN3404.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN3405.jpg
    DSCN3405.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 35

RC59

That's a real nice one for sure. Wish mine looked half that nice!

Can anyone tell me how many years that Ford used that Jubilee style sheet metal? I'm still trying to pin down what year mine is.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The Julilee ran from 52 to 54 Then the hundred series came out. It ran from 54 to 57. The hundred hood was similar to the Jubilee.

Here is a pic of a hundred series Ford.

Attachments

• Ford_860.jpg
    Ford_860.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 27