Auxiliary Lights for Kubota BX1860

imstephanw

Hi everyone! I'm new to this but I'll give it a try. I have purchased 3 Halogen 55 watt lights. One is a flood to mount on the ROPS facing the rear. The other 2 I would like to place them on either side of the ROPS with clamped mount. I am going to tap into the rear electrical wires just under the back of the seat with a switch mounted at the front panel of the tractor as a separate control for the rear light. I wanted to tap into the the 12 volt axillary but was wondering if the 10 amps is enough or should I run the positive at the battery with a in-line fuse and a relay. Definitely want to run these 2 lights with a throw switch at the front panel also. I also see empty fuse pockets in the fuse block and was wondering if a line can be run from one of these. My BX 1860 is equipped with a 40 amp alternator.

Steve

:thankyou2:

Last edited:

imstephanw

I have been giving this light situation deep thought and maybe I'm going to go with round 35 watt halogens. They should be bright enough and I don't have to worry about pushing the amps. I'll use two trapezoid lights for the front and one flood for the back. Total of 105 watts. Has anyone else used 35 watt lights and will it be bright enough?:myopinion:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Stephan!
I modified your thread title to include lights in hopes of getting you some replies. Many folks here are adding lights so I'm hoping some of them will have some tips / help for your questions.

Good luck and welcome to our internet tractor forums.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I don't really know much about this but I can tell you what I did. When I got my new '05 RTV 900, I ordered the work lights from kubota They came with a relay that mounted in the fuse area. On my new '11 RTV 900, I got the ones listed on the "cheap light mount" thread,- from Walmart. They are 50 watt each. I won't use them without the engine being on though. I wired directly to the battery using the switch and all new wire with an "in line" fuse for safety.My battery is 535 cca and the normal charging rate is 6.5 amps according to the manual. good luck and I hope this helps in some way. bordercollie

imstephanw

Thank you! I appreciate your time. I'm still looking at several options. I placed an order at one of the on-line suppliers but I just put that order on hold. I was looking at the working light 35 watts from Peterson. How is the light output? Wow! This is turning into a frustrating decision. I am also looking at BXpanded Quick-On Work Light Kit
The price seems a little pricy but maybe by time I purchase everything I need to hook up my own it might be close. Anybody have information about this light set-up. I like the Peterson model light and their holders are very good. I wish they had halogen 50 watts Par 36. You have to order them from a different company.