BX 1860 Power for lights

imstephanw

Well I found the positive and negative wires in the back end of my BX1860 and took the tape off exposing them. I do know that they are on only if the ignition key is turned on, which is a good thing. Does anyone know if these wires are part of the circuit which runs all of the lights (20 amp fuse), or do these 2 wires run off a separate fuse. I want to run 2 lights forward and one flood at the back.
Thank you.
Steve:confused2:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
imstephanw, I don't have that tractor. However, If you had one of those 12 v tester lights, it seems to me that you could test those wires for power and then remove the fuse and see if they went off.Or even use the process of elimination to find which fuse it is. Good Luck, Bordercollie p.s. Once I couldn't find my tester light so I just used a 12v light with socket and wires like on a license plate .

imstephanw

Thank you for the info. I have decided to go with the BXexpanded light kit. It will tap into the wires in the back. The kit looks very user friendly and I can configure the lights on the ROPS many different ways.

steve

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds great. Keep us informed on how you like it once installed. bordercollie