Kubota L2800 cutting out

GeneralRentalBR

Kubota L2800 4wd with loader is cutting out. I can hear the starter solenoid cutting out but I can not figure out what is making it do so. It doesn't do it all the time and there doesn't seem to be any common factor, does it at high idle or low idle in motion or stopped. Usually when it starts cutting out it will do it several times then return to operating normally.

Any ideas would be appreciated

al b

I'm confused. Yow say that the starter solenoid is cutting out. Then you say it does it at high idle and so forth. Can you be clearer?

GeneralRentalBR

Yes, I am sorry, it is the fuel solenoid that I can hear clicking. At least I believe it is the fuel solenoid. It does it when it is running or idling and when it happens it shuts the tractor down like it stopped getting fuel. After that it is slow to start then, usually, it happens at least once more almost immediately but once it starts running again for more than a few minutes it won't happen again for a while; 10-30 minutes. I have drained the fuel tank and checked all of the electrical connections I can think of and still get the same result. I would say it is for sure a blockage in the fuel system somewhere but the clicking of the solenoid makes me think otherwise.

al b

I would think the solenoid is on it's way out. How hard is it to replace? Is it expensive? I'm not sure but I think what it does is it shuts the fuel flow off when you turn the key off. Can you hook up a test light where the wires go to it? See if the light flickers when you here the sound. If the light stays on then you know the power source is OK but the magnetic circuit is going on and off.