FORD 2110 (1988) Fuel Flow

desertjim

Hi All,

Can someone tell me whether the fuel flow to the injector pump is totally "free flow" or does the pump pull as well as shove:smile:?

I'm having a problem getting fuel to the injectors, so I'm hoping it isn't the pump.

Diesel will flow in an out of the fuel filter bowl, but the outgoing is a very weak stream....... barely more than a fast drip (it is a stream, but barely. New filter just installed).

So, if the injector system is getting fuel and not sharing it with the injectors, I'm gonna be ticked..................and out a bunch of moo-lah :gotsmoney:.

Many thanks,

Jim

rj's barn

If the bottom of the fuel tank is above the top of the injection pump it will most likely be gravity feed to the pump unless there is a lift pump close by the tank. Odds are there is just an obstruction in a line or a shut off valve is stuck.

desertjim

If the bottom of the fuel tank is above the top of the injection pump it will most likely be gravity feed to the pump unless there is a lift pump close by the tank. Odds are there is just an obstruction in a line or a shut off valve is stuck.

Thanks. I have flow "to and thru" the filter, so next stop is the compressor.

I'm gonna take that hose off and see if the end connected to the compressor is still getting fuel. If so, I'm in trouble.

Anyone ever have to replace the injection pump/compressor??

Regards,

Jim