dk35 wont turn off

kingpin686

my dk35 wont shut off with the key.i pulled the ignition switch apart,cleaned and greased it and put it back together with no improvement.bought a new switch at the dealer and same old same old.is there a fuse that goes up or something else i should know.its a 2002 and other than minor quirks no complaints at all.

urednecku

1st, welcome to forum.
2nd, I'm no mechanic by a long way, but have heard some talk of a fuel shut-off solenoid not working. Do a search in this forum, I think there are several threads to that issue.
And someone should be by shortly to give you more info.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to our internet tractor forum. :tiphat: :clap: I'm glad you found us.
Thanks for tracking that down BC. :thumb:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with bordercollie on the issue/fix.

Welcome to the forum!

A couple questions:
Do you want the comma in your member name?
Are you in Newfane NY or VT? If the former, I know your area and have some relatives in Lyndonville.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Haha , Ya'll guys know those gremlins are always after me , the RTV or my electric fence especially. :) bordercollie

kingpin686

Stuck key on keyboard now fixed.I live in Newfane,ny.Used to buy my1/2 kegs of Labatts in Lyndenville cheapest around.All i have is the owners manual thats pretty sparse.Does anyone have a downlod link for the dk shop manuual?Overall its been a great tractor and i'd buy it again.

redfish12

Not sure if you got an answer to your problem or not. On the fuel filter thier is a lever with a vacume line on it. You should be able to push the lever and have the tractor turn off. What happened to my tractor is a dirt dobber blocked the vent line and stoped it from working properly. Clean out the line and that should fix the problem.