MF 255 Auxiliary Hyd Pump

swiltheone

New to forum. My auxiliary pump is giving me fits. To my knowledge, it has never been used since delivery in 197?. My serial number plate is missing so I am unsure of date. I had to completely rework the 2 spool valve as well as controls for 3 point lift. Lift works great, previous owners were using draft lever to control height adjustment. Back to the pump... The auxiliary pump will only produce about 500psi. This reading is taken from outlet port on left side plate where pto lever is found. Inlet is plugged to prevent cavitation. (i might add top cover is removed to allow access, discharging back into cavity). High pressure relief valve is turned full inward until contact is made with piston. Engine pulls down slightly as ball valve is closed but only 500 psi is achieved. Fluid seems to turn more opaque as I close valve. My concern is for the "transmission" line that come off top of pump. If this line is open discharge, it would be impossible to achieve higher pressure. What am I missing? Please help!!!