PDA

View Full Version : New tractor JD or Kubota

Kevin55
09-05-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm looking to but a 30hp range tractor, mostly loader and backhoe work. Currently have a Jinma 28 with a BH and loader. Looking for the equivilent size only a little more reliable. I think i have narrowed it down to the Kubota 3200 or JD 3005. Any thoughts? Kubota seems to have many different combinations that make my head spin. I picked the 3200 as a base but there seems to be others in their line like 2920 that are similar. Trying to keep the budget at 25k

Thanks

Kevin

urednecku
09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
1)welcome to the forum
2)Which on has the best dealer support, closest to you. JD and Kubota are both good strong tractors. I have Kubota because 1) several people I know have and are happy with them, and 2) the local JD dealer only had 1 unit in my size range that was a base unit, no FEL for about the same price I paid for the Kubota with FEL. I've been happy with the Bota, just turned over 700 hours & seems to be just broken in.
If at all possible, and all else equal, drive any and all tractors you are considering to see which one fits you best. "Little" things that seem to bug ya a little bit while test-driving will bug you more when you spend several hours putting up with it.
Good luck.

Kevin55
09-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks for your input, i got a couple of quotes on JD today, the 3005 came in at 26 and change and the 2720 came in at 29 and change. didn't quite understand the big difference since the 3005 seems like a bigger tractor, those both have loaders and BH. The guy said the 2720 has more options and the 3005 is stripped down, still seems like a big difference. I'm fortunate i have a coupe of good dealers for both brands.

Kevin