jammed lock of my tractor - urgently needsa locksmith

Deguzmansy

Hey i have my Mahindra 395 DI Super Turbo tractor and and i left it locked almost for one year and few days ago when i was trying to start it i found that my lock has been jammed and i can't start it inserting the key into the lock. i have consulted with one locksmith they told me to charge $500.00 i found it very expensive so if someone knows a cheaper way kindly suggest me about it. Thanks in advance.....................

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

When you say your lock has been jammed, are you referring to the ignition (and you can't get your key in to turn the tractor on)? If so, just get a new ignition switch. They're probably $25.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can't imagine a $500 fee for fixing the ignition key lock. Something just does not sound right. But I can't imagine what other lock would stop you from starting. So maybe we need a little more info ...or Brian's suggestion would fix you right up ...just change out the ignition switch. I suspect it can't be that easy.

Welcome to net tractor talk.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

urednecku

Have you tried filling the lock with a penetrating oil, something like WD-40? Fill it, let it set a while, then try a little @ a time, with OUT forcing it....you don't wanna break the key. And like others said, replace the lock if that doesn't work.