MF135D lift creeps up or down

Oldcartrader

Half of the linkage in the lift cover was frozen. I thought for certain once the follower was riding the cam on the rock shaft, it would neutralize at position. Well, it didn't. So I pulled the cover and went over everything, with exception to the primary draft control spring in the back. I'm feeling pretty rough today, so I declined the heat and beat method for now. The yoke moves in the cover, but there is no "back and forth" end play far as I can tell. Draft linkage was all free, clearance looked appropriate at the limit bolt. Position linkage seems to be working well.

I've never had this problem before. The three point goes up or down, but won't hold anywhere in particular. I can hang an implement on it and it won't leak down for days. Raise it up and shut it off, it'll be there in the morning. With the draft at constant pumping and the position all the way up, the arms reach the top and the relief valve sounds.

Perhaps someone knows what I'm missing?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is a tough one. It does seem that it would be in the draft control ...other than that I have no idea how to help.
Good luck with getting this fixed and please do post a followup with the fix.

Oldcartrader

I was able to get it going with an adjustment. However, the draft lever acts more or less like a rate of drop valve, position is set with the position lever. Draft appears to be working.