King Cutter Box Blade on Massey

McCathbad

I have purchased a 5' box blade to use with a Massey 135, but the connection on the top of the implement, for the 3 point hitch, has a slot much larger than the pin on my tractor. Did I buy a blade that is too large for this tractor, or can I get a replacement part for the top of the hitch that will fit the implement? Lost. Thanks.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
First off, welcome to Net Tractor Talk McCathbad!!! I'm glad you found us. :D

At 5' I don't think you've bought the wrong sized implement for your tractor.
You are using a top link for the connection, right? Here is a picture of a toplink from Northern Tool. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...m_pla=Google&cm_ite=Ag Equipment + Excavating

Then your pin goes thru the holes on the implement with the toplink in the center.

If this is not your scenerio how about posting a picture of the implement for clarification.

Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

McCathbad

Doc,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the part in question is the toplink, and, as you must be aware, I'm very short on the proper terminology for these matters. The problem is that the pin in the toplink is so small with respect to the slot in the implement, that it looks like it could just "walk" through the slot while I'm trying to use it. That's why I was wondering if I could get a threaded half for the toplink with a larger sized--now what do you call that!? It's not a ball joint but it sort of looks like one, though it is a swivel point for the tractor end of the connection--whew! This is what happens when a city boy, who dearly loves the country, goes into uncharted territory. Thanks for your help.

McCathbad

Doc,
In some ways I suppose I'm an artifact of the past, since I don't own or want a digital camera. I'm online mostly to stay in touch with distant friends, and to get alternative news, which I find is generally more reliable than that offered by the popular media. The connection point on the implement for the toplink consists of two bars which come strait up, and are separated, as sold new, by a 2" sleeve; a retaining bolt goes through the bars and the sleeve. I'm assuming the bolt and sleeve can be removed and replaced by a the hinge(?) pin of the toplink.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc,
In some ways I suppose I'm an artifact of the past, since I don't own or want a digital camera. I'm online mostly to stay in touch with distant friends, and to get alternative news, which I find is generally more reliable than that offered by the popular media. The connection point on the implement for the toplink consists of two bars which come strait up, and are separated, as sold new, by a 2" sleeve; a retaining bolt goes through the bars and the sleeve. I'm assuming the bolt and sleeve can be removed and replaced by a the hinge(?) pin of the toplink.

Yep, that is my take also. The top link would fit between those two bars where the sleeve is now, and then a big (1/2 probably) pin goes through all that with a cotter pin through the end of it to hold it all in place.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the part in question is the toplink, and, as you must be aware, I'm very short on the proper terminology for these matters. The problem is that the pin in the toplink is so small with respect to the slot in the implement, that it looks like it could just "walk" through the slot while I'm trying to use it. That's why I was wondering if I could get a threaded half for the toplink with a larger sized--now what do you call that!? It's not a ball joint but it sort of looks like one, though it is a swivel point for the tractor end of the connection--whew! This is what happens when a city boy, who dearly loves the country, goes into uncharted territory. Thanks for your help.

I saw your last reply before seeing this one. I've never seen one have to replace that end of the toplink. That toplink is made to work with lots of different 3PH (3 point hitch) implements ....so I'm guessing you just need the right size pin to go through the top link and the box blade arms ...with a cotter pin at the end of it and you'll be set. Hope that makes sense. I started out a city boy too ....and love the country. It's been a learning experience but with forums like these it helps get us all up to speed faster.
Good luck!!!!

haffasst

McCathbad, 1st Welcome to the forum. I have attached a pic of my 7' Atlas BB attached to my 2N. The detail isn't the best, but the top link is connected to the center point (top) of the BB with one 5/8" pin and a cotter pin to keep it from falling out. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 100_1800.jpg
    100_1800.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 44