Hello From Down-under (NZ)

NZCat

Hello Folks

I'm in Southland, thats at the bottom of the South Island, New Zealand. We live on the outskirts of Invercargill (an agricultural service city of some 50,000 or so souls) on a ten acre block.

I have a 1951 D2 Cat, in very nice condition, that I aquired on a bit of a whim - sort of drawn back to my youth - I was raised on a mixed dairy farm/hill country block in the Marlborough region, and we had quite a bit to do with D4s there.

Anyhow having gone from no tractor (we contracted in any work required) I now have quite a bit of interest and have friends with various tractors that I help keep going and play with.

So - I'm more of a small scale practical user than a vintage or restorer sort of guy.

Cheers - Foster

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim

N

Nicahawk

Welcome! Glad your here.

Would really like to see some pictures of your D2 when you have time. I always wanted a Cat about that size.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oppps, I welcomed you in your other thread Forster. but ...

It sure can't hurt to welcome you again!!! WELCOME to NTT!!!!

Cheers! :beer:

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT, Forster. I liked the D2, and was disappointed when they discontinued it in 1957. I also liked the 933 Traxcavator, which had the same engine that they later turbocharged. I would have loved to adapt one of the turbocharged D320 engines into my 3/4 ton International pickup back then.

Fred