Who will win & by what percentage?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Take your best guess ... who will win and by what percentage?

I still have hopes that McCain can pull it out.
I'll guess McCain by 2%
Obama could win the popular vote though ... but we know that doesn't matter much.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I'm afraid it will be another close one.

I think McCain will win but by the slimmest margin.

We also will have the hanging chad syndrome, can't read the ballot, vote early and often, paperless (and non trackable) ballots, and the dead folks vote to contend with. :furious:

J

johnday

I tend to think that Obama will win, there's just too many around that hear what they want to hear from him. I'll chance a guess at 15% plus for him.
But, now this is only my opinion, that no matter who from either party wins, we as U.S. citizens have still lost. Niether one of them has convinced me that my best interests are actually on their agenda.:unhappy::shitHitsFan:

olcowhand

I try to avoid political on my forums I belong to....but Obama by about 12%. Neither candidate is a "slam-dunk" in my opinion. I will go vote on Tuesday though.......who for.... :wink:

urednecku

I also believe it'll be as close as we have ever had. And johnday is correct, which ever one gets in, we are SCRE~ED, BIG TIME. I just think bama will intentionally ruin the country.

J

johnday

Ya know guys, there's an old saying that, "Ignorance is curable, but stupid is forever". I relate that to the current two party system. How many more elections are going to declare the winner, the lesser of the two evils? It makes me sick to think that the everyday "American" actually thinks that way, but continues to vote along whatever parties line. How many voters go in there and pull one lever, as it were? The middle class is the largest class of voters in this country, but yet, the Dems/Reps STILL are the only viable party?

The Reps/Dems in my mind are the same guys, neither one cares about the middle class at all. Wasn't it a Dem that signed NAFTA? With a few meaningless little twists that Reps originally penned? Just an example that came to mind.

As anyone can see, I live in Michigan, have all my life. I remember the Big 3 going gangbusters, I remember the large dept. stores downtown in Detroit. I remember the nice neighbourhoods even in the Downriver/Detroit area. Know what? Michigan has gotten raped, as well as Ohio. Two of the biggest manufacturing states in this country. And you know what I still hear daily? How McCain will turn it around, how Obama will turn it around. Pure, 100%, unadultrated, horse shit. It's too late now. If these two horses asses REALLY cared about any of us, those mismanaged corrupt companies like AIG and others would have been allowed to fail, and they should have been. $700 billion of my and yours money was just shoved into a hole that I don't think we will ever come out of completely. Thank the Reps/Dems for that, don't even attempt to convince me it was one or the other.

Rant off:tiphat::beer:

J

johnday

What did I do? Hope I didn't scare anyone off with my rant. Comments are welcome one way or the other.:tiphat:

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
John, I agree with your statements, however, I believe the unions carry a lot of the blame as far as what happened to Michigan and Ohio.

Bob

olcowhand

John, I agree with your statements, however, I believe the unions carry a lot of the blame as far as what happened to Michigan and Ohio.

Bob
Unions caused a lot of smaller factories around Ky to close shop & move too. Most of the workers were paid much higher than average already, but pressed for more & got put out of work.
As to anyone running for President, I'd hardly think any of them would deliberately attempt to ruin the USA. It would be a form of suicide,... mortally, morally, & historically.

J

johnday

Guys, please see my post," Unions" I started another thread because I sorta hijacked Docs, thanks.:respect:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No problem at all john. Threads drift ...it is the nature of forums and that is exactly what keeps them all interesting. You can't judge a thread by it's title because thread drift can take it way down stream or up stream from where it started.....and that's a good thing. :thumb: :D