This was found on the AOL site this morning

http://news.aol.com/elections/2008/president

Towards the bottom of the page...

All National Results....100% Reporting.....Updated 04:42:08 AM EST

......................................Popular Votes...Electoral Votes...270to win
John McCain, GOP......48%......45,010,821....274 WINNER
Barack Obama, Dem....46%......42,996,932....243
Anyone think the fix is in...
rolleyes.gif

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I looked at the page a few minutes ago - all the numbers are now zero, and there is an announcement that the first polls to close will be at 6 PM Eastern, check back with them.

urednecku

Funny thing I noticed on that page last night----for quite a while, there were some states that had 0 % REPORTING, but HAD A WINNER.:wtf:

Paul, 67% for Obama in VT! When are you leaving for a Red Area?

In Vermont I have more personal rights than in "RED" states...I can legally carry a concealed weapon in Vermont without any license...can you name any other states in the Union that allow that??...;)

Our towns are small enough, that I know the police chief personally...before I retired from our fire/rescue service...I knew most of the people in our township...both professionally and personally...:D

I can call the state capital and speak to an aide to the governor and get a response to a problem in less than a week...

Nope...I like my privacy too much to move...:D

Funny thing I noticed on that page last night----for quite a while, there were some states that had 0 % REPORTING, but HAD A WINNER.:wtf:

The news media does sampling of particularly crucial polling stations and they PROJECT their reports based on that...I'm sure you haven't forgotten how the news organizations called Florida for the Democrats and then had to reverse that to TOO CLOSE TO CALL...and finally called Florida for the Republicans...

urednecku

The news media does sampling of particularly crucial polling stations and they PROJECT their reports based on that...I'm sure you haven't forgotten how the news organizations called Florida for the Democrats and then had to reverse that to TOO CLOSE TO CALL...and finally called Florida for the Republicans...

I kinda figured they did someting like that. But to call it with 0 % reporting?

'course, when they have been "bought" anyway-------:hide:

I kinda figured they did someting like that. But to call it with 0 % reporting?

'course, when they have been "bought" anyway-------:hide:

Well, no one accused them of being bought when they did the exact same thing in the last election calling states for GWB with 0% reporting...;)