Dog drives car onto Highway

Leash your dogs folks!!! :eek:

Officer lets friendly dog off the
hook

Last Edited: Sunday, 09 Nov 2008, 6:05 PM CST
Created On: Friday, 07 Nov 2008, 1:10 PM CST
  • Report by Abbie Alford
PRYOR, Okla. (KOKI/CNN) - An Oklahoma man is in the doghouse after he let his pooch get behind the wheel.

"I heard somebody holler. I walked out the front door and seen a car come off the four lane backwards and into the automatic bay. As soon as I looked around the corner I saw the dog in the car. Just the dog," said witness Mark Walker.

Walker was just as surprised as the dog must have been at a local car wash. The dog, named Killys, was left in alone for a moment when he bumped the car into reverse.

He went for a good ride, backing out of the car wash right onto the highway. When the car hit the curb, it apparently turned the wheels, allowing the car to do a big circle along the highway. The car then drove back into the car wash, but the dog couldn't quite find the brakes and the car crashed into the side of the building.

When Sgt. Brent Crittenden arrived on the scene, he did what police are trained to do with any driver.

"I checked the dog for a license and it did have a current dog license and so it wasn't apprehended," said Sgt. Crittenden.

The officer says in his 26 years on the force, he's never seen anything like it.

"It made my report quite easy because the driver information was all blank and I didn't have to fill that out," he said.

Sgt. Crittenden says Killys was really friendly and excited to see him. "Yeah, I gave him a break."

The car wash is now back in service. Police say they let Killys off the hook, but not the car's owner. He was fined for not having valid insurance.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/strang...g_drives_car_onto_highway_2008110713092085413