OK, It's Time

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
It's time I checked in here. I've been a lurker for a little while.

I'm another refugee from TBN but, unlike a lot of you guys and gals, I haven't been banned .... at least not yet. I still visit there occasionally but seldom post anymore. It got to be very repetative with very little new or interesting. Besides, it kind of ticked me off when a new member, with a new tractor and very few hours - but a multitude of posts - implied that I was an idiot because I didn't do things exactly as he did. A little knowledge and a ballooning ego can be a dangerous thing.

I came over to FF when it began because a number of people whose opinion I respected on TBN were associated with it. I wasn't very active initially because I was still on dial-up and to be honest, using the internet was painfully slow. When I got a faster connection and started frequenting TBN again, those people had almost all disappeared. It was only later that I found out that they had been banned for various reasons, most of which I thought were pretty trivial. Ah well, it seems that "Freedom of Speech" only applies if you agree with those that wield the power. Maybe that's one reason it got so boring over there.

Anyway, I did miss my tractor talk so I thought that I'd sign up here. This seems like a small, friendly board and I'm looking forward to taking part in the discussions with fellow users and enthusiasts.

Mark777

WELCOME Frank!

I can associate with your feelings with that site….posts do become repetitive and newer people vie for position (and constantly talk the talk). Bad advice is often dangerous to one’s equipment or personal safety and left unchecked is a cardinal sin IMHO.

Glad you found us. Would love to see pictures of your property, equipment and anything else, when you settle in.

Mark

N

Nicahawk

Welcome Frank! :tiphat: Good group of folks here, and most are pretty knowledgeable. Would love to ses some pictures when you have time.

zionview

Welcome, Frank. I hope you enjoy it here. I didn't get banned from TBN, but I sure got bored with it. And Mark hit the nail on the head about some of the safety concerns. I checked your profile-lots of stuff to talk about!!:biggrin::biggrin:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm another refugee from TBN but, unlike a lot of you guys and gals, I haven't been banned .... Besides, it kind of ticked me off when a new member, with a new tractor and very few hours - but a multitude of posts - implied that I was an idiot because I didn't do things exactly as he did.
This seems like a small, friendly board and I'm looking forward to taking part in the discussions with fellow users and enthusiasts.
Welcome! We like to think this place works better. This seems to be a brighter group of tractor enthusiasts. I don't think I've seen bad or dangerous advice here.

Take a look around. I think you will like what you see.

We encourage you to post pictures of your place and your equipment!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Frank. Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you signed up. :thumb:

I think you'll like it here. I look forward to more on your equipment and experiences with your tractor(s).

J

johnday

Welcome aboard Frank!! I remember you from the "dark side".
Didn't you prebuild a barn or something at one time?

And it's always great to see another Scotsman here. Seems Mith has been busy recruiting those those guys from England. I need all the help I can get!!:tiphat::beer::beer::beer:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Frank!! I remember you from the "dark side".
Didn't you prebuild a barn or something at one time?

And it's always great to see another Scotsman here. Seems Mith has been busy recruiting those those guys from England. I need all the help I can get!!:tiphat::beer::beer::beer:

Well, it'll give that Sassenach 2 targets to aim at.

As far as the barn goes, that's not me. I need one badly but I'm still waiting for mine. Maybe next year. My problem is that I don't have a whole lot of flat ground to build one. Wherever I put it, it's going to be some major construction and the way the economy is right now I just don't want to spend the money. Maybe I should just go ahead and do it. There's no telling what the dollar will be worth in a few months.

Bindian

EastTexFrank,
Howdy and Welcome to NTT. I am over on the western edge of East Texas, two miles east of Willis. :tiphat:
What gals got banned from TBN?:eek:
hugs, Brandi

rback33

Dang Frank! I did not realize that you were not a member before. I always see you over on FF so.... Welcome! I am guilty of not posting much here cuz I spend too much time on FF..:hide:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Harvey.
I run a few different forums. All of them are listed on the home page of Net Tarctor Talk www.nettractortalk.com
FF is the biggest one, with this forum being 2nd. The other forums are much newer.
Check em out if you can stand even more forum fun. :D