Top and Tilt (L39)

cdnphotog

It's Friday!
I'm in the process of installing the Top and Tilt on our L39. The 3 spool control I did a while back and now I'm putting in the cylinders. I was planing to use aftermarket cylinders but in the end opted to go all Kubota OEM. (L9553/L9554)

My question relates to the HYD fittings. The spool valve has a Parker 0302-1 couplers (x6) and the cylinder kit comes with 8010-4 (x6) ( I'm told the most common agricultural fitting). When I was dry-fitting and lining up angles I tried to place the male fitting (8010) in the coupler (parker) but I couldn't get the collar to lock in place and with a stiff jerk I could pull the fitting apart. (The tractor is off and pressure in the system relieved).
I came away thinking it was the wrong fitting but the dealer assures me it's right. I'm not up to our property for another week and when I do go I want to be sure I have the right fittings in hand!.

The Kubota part numbers for the two kits are L9553 and L9554 (One is the spool valve kit and the other one is the cylinder kit)

Attached are some pictures of the fittings.

Does the system have to be under pressure to lock in place? (is it a special coupler?) Connect under pressure? The coupler (parker) has a hollow pin in the center not a ball like on the tip.

The parker coupler is a dramatically different design than what was on the 2 spool it replaced - it works with the 8010 (standard pioneer).

Does anyone have this set-up? What fittings work on yours?

Thx for any insight!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 40
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 41
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 32
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 35

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I don't have specific experience with the Kubota ones. But I do remember reading that some will pull apart with a hard jerk. They were designed that way. Yours may be that way too.

kennyd

I don't have specific experience with the Kubota ones. But I do remember reading that some will pull apart with a hard jerk. They were designed that way. Yours may be that way too.

Yes, that should be the case. Designed that way so you don't rip any hoses apart.

cdnphotog

You're soo right...

My Dad and I hooked it all up today and to my surprise it all worked - I still can't believe you just "yank" out the hose. Kubota designers are way smarter than me!. Thanks for setting me straight!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:D, way smarter than me to. :thumb:
Congrats on getting it all hooked up and working. :tiphat: I'm jealous! T n T would be Sooooo nice! :thumb: :D

Mith

'Yankable' QCs are new on me too, I'm going to have to go out and try mine now :D
Learn something every day 'round here!

smooth_pilot

cdnphotog,

After grading a driveway and a couple of parking lots with my box blade this past week I am looking hard at a TNT set up for my L39, as well. Getting off and on the tractor to adjust the three-point is a pain. I priced the kits & installation at the local dealer and it made me draw a deep breath. I want them to stay in business but not completely on my dime.

What made you decide to go OEM? I have been looking at the CCM Machinery cylinders. The double-pilot valves look like a great idea to prevent bleed-down position changes. The price is a little better, as well. Did you purchase the L9553 remote kit and put it on yourself or did the dealer install it? If you put it on, how difficult was it? Did you consider a Gearmore valve set?

Thanks for your thoughts.

p.s. If anyone else out there want to comment, please do!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk smooth pilot. :thumb:
I know what you mean about TNT. I would love to have one. Can't justify the cost but I know I would use my box blade more if I had TNT.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Smooth Pilot,
Another welcome to NTT from me.
If you do decide to go with the parts from CCM, you'll be very happy with what you get. I only have the top link, connected to factory remotes, but it sure has been great. And Mark Carter of CCM will make sure you get what you need.