Excavator Climbing Ladder

jwstewar

Staff member
OK, we have all seen the pictures of the backhoe climbing up on top of the rail car to unload it or at least I'm assuming we all have by now. I saw some pictures today that I hadn't seen. I wish I knew some details, but I don't just thought the pictures were interesing and/or scary.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 104

Mith

I believe that was made as a demo for shows. You'll notice the cleverly placed blocks in the tower to hold the tracks and attachment place.
Check the ram placement, probably a loader rather than excavator.

I'd sure love to have a go :D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW! :eek: I'd watch you have a go at it Mith. I'd be more than content to watch. :D

N

Nicahawk

Yikes!!! I'm not sure I could watch anyone do that, well, maybe an exception for my first wife!

jwstewar

Staff member
If you guys look real close, I don't think anyone is in the cab. I believe it is being operated by remote control. Could you imagine of one of those hydraulic lines would let go?:eek: I don't think :sorry: would cover it.

Brutus

Yep, there is an operator in the cab. I took a second look. Seems he's sitting a little taller in the saddle with each step though. :sorry:

Mith

I found a video of this stunt. From a German TV show (the commentator doesnt say anything interesting).
I would have loved to work on this project making this stunt work. Must be great fun doing whose ever job it is to come up with stuff like this (presumably the guy driving :D)

Video (youtube)

Mith

I found a video of this stunt. From a German TV show (the commentator doesnt say anything interesting).
I would have loved to work on this project making this stunt work. Must be great fun doing whose ever job it is to come up with stuff like this (presumably the guy driving :D)

Video (youtube)

robin

I am working on a project (at the University of Utah) to relate safe ladder climbing to tractors (more along the lines of when a driver steps down off the tractor after being vibrated for hours, how does that affect the driver's ability to get down safely - without falling down the tractor steps). I was blown away by seeing the tractor climb a ladder - this too is probably a safety issue!