Merry Christmas!!!

rback33

I got it this time! Got dumped to junk, but I fixed THAT... Was not sure where to put it, but here it is!

Thanks Doc. This and your others are great sites! Merry Christmas to you and yours!:starbucks:

D

Deerlope

Does this mean that I am second. Merry xmas doc & company.

Alberta Guy

Very First Post

Thanks Doc for the warm welcome:tiphat:. There, I'l see if that icon works.

I enjoy seeing pictures of the work that some of you people do, and I might
add, very professionly done. I hope to be able to share pictures and ideas
as well.

Merry Christmas Everyone

Alberta Guy

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Clem and Alberta Guy!!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

It's great to see you posting. :thumb: :D

Big Wheels

Doc and the crew, Have a great one! Back on line now that I figured the answer: 13 take away 7!
Big Wheels out in the Snow!!!

442088729_8wFAx-O.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Merry Christmas everybody. Ho Ho Ho!!!!! :D (Just like saying that :hide: )

Note: I've PM'd the winners but am missing one or two addresses. This will be the last request for your address. Please PM me with your address and I'll send a little gift out to you shortly after Christmas. Ho Ho HO. :D

olcowhand

Other than losing 3...yes 3 dairy cows yesterday, having 2 others very sick, & the vet on his way now to a calving problem (calf's head folded backwards), and the pounding blowing rain finding it's way into my home & ruining a wall in my bedroom, plus my Aunt passed on Sunday, & due to family being scattered for Christmas, the funeral is held over until Saturday, yep other than this.....I'm having a great Christmas season! It's definitely hard to take all this, but I do have a lot to be thankful for:
I DO have a job, I DO have a wonderful Wife & Family, I DO have a lot of good friends, and I AM alive & kicking.
Vet should be here anytime. Please wish us well with the delivery. Calf is already dead, but hoping upon hope to save this cow!
Wishing ALL you guys a better Christmas than I am having:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
but I do have a lot to be thankful for:
I DO have a job, I DO have a wonderful Wife & Family, I DO have a lot of good friends, and I AM alive & kicking.
Vet should be here anytime. Please wish us well with the delivery. Calf is already dead, but hoping upon hope to save this cow!
Wishing ALL you guys a better Christmas than I am having:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Man, you have a good attitude. There is always something to be thankful for.

I hope things turn around for you soon and I hope that cow is OK. That happened to us many years ago with one of our beef cows. She was down in the pasture and by the time the vet got there the calf was already dead and the cow was extremely weak. We couldn't pull the calf and the vet had to cut it out. The cow made it but turned in to the meanest animal I have ever seen. She hated people after that and literally didn't want anybody in the same pasture as her. We eventually got her up and got rid of her but not before she chased me over the corral fence, trapped my wife's cousin behind one of the squeeze gates trying to kill him and generally tore up the whole corral. If I'd had my gun in the truck, I'd have been digging a hole to bury that bugger.

urednecku

Olcowhand, you sure got your hands full. Prayers on the way, & hoping things improve quick for ya.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

olcowhand

Hallelujah, the cow will live!
Vet couldn't reach around the calf's neck either as hard as he tried. Finally he said: "2 options, C-section, or pull it like it is, helping as we go". I said lets pull it, as the cow is huge & tough as nails. So as I pulled with ratchet puller, he made a 4" cut on each side of her & when she'd push, I'd pull like mad! Soon the calf's head popped out & it slid on out. Vet sewed her up, then we layed the trimming chute back over to let her down to the ground. I figured she'd be hard getting up, but she sprang right to her feet...not even trembling or nothing! Gotta keep her on pennicillin for 3 days to head off infection, but she should be just fine! As soon as we left the barn the rain stopped too! I feel MUCH better! Thanks for the support guys!