4630 Stops Running

FNH4630

I have a mid 90's model Ford New Holland 4630 that stops running at intermittent times.

I know what is happening but do not know the cause.

The power gets shut off from the fuel solenoid located at the bottom of the engine on the right side.

I can "jump" a wire directly from the battery to the fuel solenoid connector and the tractor will start up and run perfectly forever.

I don't know if it is a bad switch, a break in the wire going to the solenoid, or what?

Are there any known issues with this model and/ or what are some suggestions?

Many thanks

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
First of all, Welcome to NTT. Glad you joined up and hope you enjoy our place here.

Secondly, I have not looked at wiring diagram of the 4630, so I have no idea what may be involved such as relays. The switch would be the first place I would start. When it dies, check the switch with a meter to see if it has power going out to the solenoid.

howierd3866

just left you a comment on the other...I got a 97 4630 and its the switch well the string on top of the injector pump goes bad with these...also check to make sure its not the female end at the injector pump also...my happen 2 time first the string...2nd the end...good luck and welcome to NTT

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk FNH4630!!!!

Howierd, if you don't mind please post all the details here too. Great for google searches and completing the question answer in the same thread.
THANKS!!!!!!

FNH4630

???

Howierd, I am not sure what you mean by "the String".

Can you explain or do you have a photo?

I will probably replace the switch but it looks like it will be a bear to R & R.

Many thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

howierd3866

the spring...there a power wire thats goes to the injector pump...I belive one wire with female end where it connect to ....that should be a solenold remove wire and undo the solenoid there should be a spring inside there...the solenoid is not that costly $25.00 first time someone told me it was costly so just took the spring out...but dont...please remeber I'm not a mechanic just like the rest poor and own my own tractors...good luck

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Too late. :D Good answer and you shared your experience, hopefully it will help fix the OP's, if not hopefully it will help someone down the road.