Welcome New Members!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some one opened the gates. We've had a lot of new signups over the past few days. Awesome. Welcome new members. Please post a little intro saying hi, and tell us what tractor you have or are looking for.
I'm glad you all found us, and can't wait to see yall post. :thumb: :D
Cheers! :wave:

JDM

Hi, I am new to this site but am looking forward to being here. I have an older Long 460 2wd that going to be traded off for something that is 4wd. Any recommendations? JD

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Hi, I am new to this site but am looking forward to being here. I have an older Long 460 2wd that going to be traded off for something that is 4wd. Any recommendations? JD

How much money you got to spend? We love spending other people's money. :yum:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You'll love 4wd. Such a difference. I had an 8N before I finally was able to upgrade to 4wd. Wow! Normally you can go a bit smaller with 4wd and still get the job done ...but it all depends on what your job is.

What all do you plan to do with your 4wd tractor and we'll be able to better size it for ya.
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk!!!! :beer:

Erik

welcome to the forum - give us an idea of budget, size, and location and I'm pretty sure we can spend all your $$. (oh, yeah - you want new or is used OK?)

JDM

I have a small horse farm in nw Arkansas, www.chiggervillefarm.com, and use the tractor in the day-to-day operation mostly off loading round bales of hay and grading the drive. I am looking at used tractors and found a 545 Farmtrac with low hrs. I understand Farmtrac is out of business, so I am on the fence about purchasing one. What do you folks think? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. JD

Mith

Welcome to the site.

I'm a believer in going with the brand that has dealers closest to you. I can see you are going to be putting alot of hours on it, so having the parts backup close by will be a blessing.

Archdean

JD,
We are close to being neighbors :wave: I am at Grand Lake, NE OK.

My brother has a FarmTrac and plans on keeping it (wife likes it) and his dealer has no problem getting parts as other vendors have picked up any slack!

I did a story on this subject (with Pictures) on my site and should you be interested please check out: http://www.tractorsandlife.com/showthread.php?t=2580&highlight=Farmtrac

Best of luck and when I used it 2 years ago it was quite an impressive tractor!

Dean

Erik

Farmtrac was bought out by Montana, which is another brand built mostly by LG - so you should have plenty of parts available if you can find a "green" dealer near you. ;) (and yes, a lot of their models interchange everything but the paint, I'm led to understand)