receiver hitch on FEL

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I read where another tractor owner mounted his receiver hitch to the top of his FEL. Now I'm curious, if having it mounted there would give better view of where the ball is so that you can position it correctly from the seat of the tractor.
As it is now, I use a clamp on hitch which clamps to the lower lip of my FEL. Even standing you cannot see the ball when hooking up. Maybe the upper lip would be the better way, but I'm not sure it would go low enough to get under the trailer hitch. Also, I would be concerned about putting to much pressure on the bucket curled back at that angle, I'm not sure it is designed to work in that manner.
Has anyone on here tried both methods? Which do you prefer?

RoadKing

I read where another tractor owner mounted his receiver hitch to the top of his FEL. Now I'm curious, if having it mounted there would give better view of where the ball is so that you can position it correctly from the seat of the tractor.
As it is now, I use a clamp on hitch which clamps to the lower lip of my FEL. Even standing you cannot see the ball when hooking up. Maybe the upper lip would be the better way, but I'm not sure it would go low enough to get under the trailer hitch. Also, I would be concerned about putting to much pressure on the bucket curled back at that angle, I'm not sure it is designed to work in that manner.
Has anyone on here tried both methods? Which do you prefer?

I have that setup and that problem two of my trailers it works, the other two I can't get under the hitch. As you can see in the photo the toothbar doesn't help. I have a drawing of a twelve in drop ball mount I'm going to have welded up to use. I won't be able to see the "hookup" but I've found by using my front receiver I can maneuver the trailers a lot better. I think it has to do with the turning wheels being so close to the pivot point.

Attachments

• 031 (Medium).jpg
    031 (Medium).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 292