Didn't get the deck off again this winter

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Once again I kinda forgot about the tractor once the mowing season was over. The weather was so crazy, I was mowing into November, close to Thanksgiving. I didn't get the mower deck off before the snow came. We'd had several 2" snowfalls but not enough to plow. Then this latest storm hit. 2" of snow fell then right away an inch of ice came down followed by 8" of snow that night and the next day.
Wednesday I got out after work and tried to clean up some, but with the crap we had it wasn't all that easy. Did my drive and two others. Theirs ended up better than mine because they are paved.

But anyway, back to my frustration. The mower deck is still on, now covered with an ice chunk/snow mix............again.:pat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh, this is one place where a rear finish mower is an advantage. I have to take it off before I can put my blade on.
I plowed the mess on Weds also. Ice mixed with snow = mess.
I have a large concrete parking pad but the rest of my drive is gravel. I turn my blade and push or pull the snow. Works great and doesn't tear up my drive.

Good luck getting your deck off and cleaned up. It's supposed to be up to 47 here Sunday. So it should be warmer there also.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I'm probably going to be getting rid of ice on the roof and in the gutters. We've got water coming in from the melting.:eek:

urednecku

I'm probably going to be getting rid of ice on the roof and in the gutters. We've got water coming in from the melting.:eek:

That's not a good thing.

I'll be working. I don't keep up with it anyhow, and Capt. said if just 1 calls in, we'll be under critical. He's been good to me, so I'll return the favor. I find that always comes in handy later on, when I need something else.

Erik

That's not a good thing.

I'll be working. I don't keep up with it anyhow, and Capt. said if just 1 calls in, we'll be under critical. He's been good to me, so I'll return the favor. I find that always comes in handy later on, when I need something else.

you should be pretty short on time now - how many weeks do you have left before you can start loafin' around?