I do like the smell of fresh cut grass!

quincy

Spring has arrived early over here! We've had a couple of spring fresh days and the icy cold has all but gone away for the time being so its a good opportunity to get outdoors and do some tidyup in the yard. Did some strimming along the fences and even gave the whole yard a once over with the mower. As I type this, the smell of fresh cut grass is wafting in through the open window. Ahhhhhh, did I mention I like the smell of fresh cut grass!! :yum:

Weather is due to turn cold again later this week, but for now, sleeves rolled up and enjoying the bit of yard work.

Thought of this innovative michigan man earlier today :-

0,,5632453,00.jpg

Mower man: "A man with a big backyard has cut down on mowing time by attaching four regular mowers to his ride-on for a 3m cut. Dennis Bonkoski of Kimball Township, Michigan, started with one extra mower and found that four extra mowers resulted in the widest and most even cut. He achieves a 3m-wide cut with the combined mowers. Plastic strainer bowls prevent unwanted grass clippings from entering the engines causing them to overheat. "With this set-up I can cut my lawn in less than an hour," he said"

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I too like the smell of newly mowed grass but it's too early here yet. Out warm season grasses don't even start growing until it hits about 60° consistently.

It's got to be a lot milder in Ireland than Scotland. I talked to my son yesterday and he still had almost 2' of snow on the ground. He said that he had to dig about 4' out from in front of the garage so he could get his car out. He is back up in the mountains a ways. It's probably clear on the lower ground and round the coast.

You know what they say, "Enjoy it while you can 'cos it's not going to last". :yum: