How long do they last? Kubota w 7750 hours

Harvey

I'm not sure if that's a record or not, looks to be in great shape for that many hours.

I was told by my Kioti dealer that I should get 5000 hours out of my CK25.

Harvey

Big Wheels

Cal, That seems like a lot of hours! There is a lot of used iron around I would look some more. Anyway what is wrong with that YM240? I had the 4WD 240 from 1980 and wish I could have afforded to keep it as a second rig when I went Orange last Fall. BW

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm not looking to replace the YM240. It suits my needs fine.

I just thought the Kubota was notable.There must be other tractors with literally years of operating time but I don't know of any.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I doubt this is a record but it's getting up there.

Kubota M7500 with 7750 hours, "Excellent Condition", $8,500.

Not mine, I simply saw it referenced on Craigslist.

That's my feeling, "that it's getting up there". Most of the big time farmer/ranchers around here tend to trade their machines with about 5,000 hours on them. I'm told that it's not that they're worn out, it's just that the upkeep begins to be more trouble than it's worth. They want machines that work when they're supposed to work without any significant downtime. Although, I must admit that the ol' boy that works on our old farm tractors (he spent most of his adult life working at the JD dealership) used to tell me that if you can't get 10,000 hours out of a diesel, it's because you were skimping on the maintenance. That M5700 looks to be in good shape but I'd still be worried with that many hours on it and I think it's pretty pricey.

shinnlinger

When I first saw the link I was thinking M57 as in 50+horse machine. The hours wouldn't scare me as much as the price(if you had some assuranc it had been well maintained). But that is a ask $2500 and take $1500 if I have ever seen one.