stuck clutch, loose fan belt

jtmathman

I have a 3525 that was under water during hurricane gustav. the clutch is stuck. I tried tying it to a tree, but that didn't work. Does anybody have any ideas. Also, the fan belt for the water pump needs to be replaced. I looked in the manual and saw that i'm supposed to loosen the flange on the pump, but it is pretty frozen. I could use some help.

Thanks

Mith

Mark outlined a few options in this thread
You may have to split the tractor to free the clutch.
I have heard of people driving along and slamming on the brakes, but if yours is seized enough to withstand pulling against a tree then splitting might be the best option.

Can you apply some heat to the flange without melting something else?

If you have an area that you can drive your tractor around in a higher gear for a while to warm it up while having the clutch depressed, you might try blipping the throttle while driving. The torque to the clutch is the same as in the lower gears while tied to the tree, it is just not putting as much to the rear axles. It will give the advantage to the tranny when hitting the brakes and letting the inertia of the flywheel to break the clutch free. Keep it at full throttle while doing this. Been through this problem with small dozers and a jeep.