Favorite plinker just got better!

joe lasky

Put close to a brick through the Mark III with this little optic, and it doesn't get much better at having fun pushing between 50-100 yards. Way ammo is going now, just can't beat those long rifle prices compared to everything else (heck, my regular gun shop is out of brass and powder now to boot).

Iron sights work just fine, just my eyes are getting older, particularly at longer shots:D

M3wB.JPG

joe lasky

Erik

It's the Bushnell TRS-25 model.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...h/search-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Cosidering I had to wait a couple of months for it to get imported from wally world China (stamped with the approval of Bushnell, so it's got to be high quality:rolleyes:), it's somewhat new on the market.

You should be able to find it online for about $138, but I paid more, being on the waiting list from Cabelas. Then again, I used my Cabela's points, so it was free:D

Wanted to go with a red dot, but didn't want a long "tube" to look through, and wanted to keep it under $200

Looking at the spec's on this model, it seemed to fit the bill, and so far, am impressed with it (the Burris Gold Fastfire sight was my second pick).

Doing both the very low end and high end in the past, it seems hard to find both a good value and quality at the same time.

I was going to put a Nightforce optic on it, but decided otherwise:yum:

joe lasky

It's a keeper.

My dad came down while my wife is out of state for work, and he actually shot some nice groups with it. My eyes are getting old, but he's pushing 78, and I know shooting just isn't as fun for him anymore.

Last edited:

Erik

cool.
I was looking at a Barska red dot - but didn't like the idea of their 5 MOA dot.
I'll definitely keep the trs-25 in mind when I get serious about looking.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Way ammo is going now, just can't beat those long rifle prices compared to everything else.

I hear that, I just got a 22LR conversion for my P220's and it's a lot cheaper than making using the big boom ammo!