Found this site today

New to the forum, just started looking for a tractor forum to gather info. Last time I looked which was a few years ago the only one around was the Antique one. I had a 2010 JD for several years, and I'm very happy we just went separate ways. I have picked up a brand new, New Holland.

Mith

Welcome to the site, and congrats on the new tractor! :D
Thats quite a step up in tractors you have made there!

Thank you X 2,
I had convinced myself for several years that working on the old JD to keep it going was better than making payments. But the working on had turned into greater amount of time than working with. And so many of the parts it needed were N/A as JD puts it.
I like to mess with old volkswagens for pleasure, working on tractor to keep up the farm has no pleasure in it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Terry. Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us.
I used to have an old Ford 8N that was much like your JD. I'd go out to get some work done and end up working on the tractor more than getting any seat time. :pat:
Now I have a 30hp Kubota with a Front End Loader. The FEL makes jobs sooo much easier. Worth their weight in gold.
And I understand New Holland has the curved FEL arms so that you can see even more of the bucket for precision work. :thumb:
I'm hoping with the season changing that we'll see more project threads. So if you get any seat time try to take a few pics and share them with us here on Net Tractor Talk. :thumb: :D

Hi Terry. Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us.
Thanks again for the great welcome guys.
I used to have an old Ford 8N that was much like your JD. I'd go out to get some work done and end up working on the tractor more than getting any seat time. :pat:
My first tractor was a 8N, I'd worked the dog out of that thing. There was a lot of times I wished I had it back when that deere laid down on me.
Now I have a 30hp Kubota with a Front End Loader. The FEL makes jobs sooo much easier. Worth their weight in gold.
And I understand New Holland has the curved FEL arms so that you can see even more of the bucket for precision work. :thumb:
I'm hoping with the season changing that we'll see more project threads. So if you get any seat time try to take a few pics and share them with us here on Net Tractor Talk. :thumb: :D
The bigger models may be curved, mine are pretty standard.
The last picture you can see the old deere in the background.

DSCN6606A.jpg

DSCN6605A.jpg

DSCN6608A.jpg

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Ah man, that thing is way to darned clean. At least sprinkle some dirt in the bucket before taking pictures. :rolleyes:

Welcome. :wink:

This site really needs another Texan!!!!!! :pat::pat::yum:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks again for the great welcome guys.

My first tractor was a 8N, I'd worked the dog out of that thing. There was a lot of times I wished I had it back when that deere laid down on me.

The bigger models may be curved, mine are pretty standard.
The last picture you can see the old deere in the background.

Great Pics!!!!!! :thumb:
I know what you mean about wishing you had the 8N back. I only wished I could have kept mine and still get the Kubota. Things didn't work out that way.
Nice New Holland you got there. Heck that looks like a big one. Maybe they are just doing the curved arms on the sub compacts, cause I've seen the curved arms on smaller tractors than yours.

Thanks, it's a 48 horse. I thought about getting the next one up. A 56 or 58 horse what ever the TT60 is, but those have have the 3 cylinder motor and the two I've heard were louder than the 4 cylinders.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Looking at New Holland's web site, it appears that the curved arms are only availabel on the Boomer series of tractors. The Economy series and all the larger models have the older style arms. Nice tractor, by the way. Is it a TT?

And let me add my welcome to NTT!

Fred

hello

I just joined a company that sells used tractors from japan didnt have much interest in them before but having driven them everyday for the last few weeks i must admit im loving it.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Hello, kanmoninternational, and welcome to NTT! Enjoy the forums, and post often. Hint: We like pictures! How about telling us a little bit about yourself when you get a chance?

Again, welcome.

Fred