ford manual

Tommie

I had several manual for my 58 ford but none of them had enough. I found one on line on a CD. It is great, not only does it give you a lot of info, you can also blow up drawings ect 1200%. Sorry I have not been back in a while. I will try to come back once in awhile.
Thank all of you for your help. I am still working on my tractor.

Tommie

gereene

new guy with problems

Hey tommie maybe you can help me. I change the fluid on 2 different 9ns and lost the 3 point hitch lift. jim

Tommie

three point lift

Jim,
When I changed the oil in lift section of my tractor there must have been one inche of dirt and crud. so I flushed about 2 gal of new oil and used a long screw driver to scrape the bottom housing to get it all out. I bought tractor hydrolic oil at auto zone approx $50 for 5 gal. I also used this oil for my power steering. I did not have any problem with my lift after the change.
All I can advise you is check the oil level, are you sure you used the right kind of oil, run the touch control several times, maybe you have some air in the system that needs to be cycled through. beleve me if mine ran with all the crude it had in it these are tough hydrolic systems. I am sorry I can't give you any better ideas.
Mine has a piston type pump. The manual tells us,
Place the selector lever in the down or Constant Draft Control position and touch control lever in upper or raised position. then try putting the selector lever in the up or horizonal position and try the touch control again. After this it gets complecated.
I hope I have been of some help. you might get more help from the other guy's on this web site

Good luck
Tommie

Tommie

Sam,
Sorry I have not checked in in quite a while. I think I bought it on eBay. I'll go back and check and try to get back to you. It is very handy and you can blow up all the pic's and you don't have a greasy manual laying around
I tend to forget things so if I don't get back to you send me an email

Tommie