I made a BIG Mistake today

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, I have to admit i really screwed up. Things will never be the same.
It started off innocent enough. Doing flowerbed revitalization. Putting down ground cover to stop the weeds and moving the rocks we had used in the flower bed. Used the tractor for moving the mulch an moving the rocks around. Well after a long day I'm loading the rock in the FEL. Wifey starts to help I tell her I got it. She jumps in the seat and after a little instruction moves the tractor along the trail to get the rocks. Then I try to get her out of the seat to go dump the rocks, but she says I'll do it. She learns how to operate the FEL handle. She dumps the rocks, gets anotehr load and does it again. You should have seen the smile on her face. now I'll never get her out of the seat. This is bad very very bad. :pat: :bonk:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, BIG MISTAKE!

That's why we have his and hers tractors, L3400 and a BX2350/

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
hmmmm, I would love to have a TLB (tractor, loader, backhoe) setup. maybe I can turn this into a positive. For now I know I'll be missing some seat time.

rj's barn

I always look worried and move slow when i'm on my machine so the wife thinks its super hard and dangerous work. It's kept her off of it so far. I hope I have better luck than Doc! HA!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I hope you have better luck to RJ. We have some steep hills so I know she won't consider doing any of the bush hogging duties. :D

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I lost my tractor about three years ago to my daughter. I have it back now that she left for college.

nixon

Doc , I made that mistake with Jan . Now it's Her tractor . Unless of course there's snow on the ground that needs to be plowed . Then it becomes My tractor :)
Also, If Your Wife is anything like mine ,don't ever let Her use a chainsaw .
You'll soon be buying a second saw .

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang. Too late John (Nixon), 3 weeks ago on the trails she coaxed me into letting her use the chain saw. :pat: :pat:
I swear, there must be a wife tractor forum on how to take over some of the cool toys / er I mean tools.

nixon

Dang. Too late John (Nixon), 3 weeks ago on the trails she coaxed me into letting her use the chain saw. :pat: :pat:
I swear, there must be a wife tractor forum on how to take over some of the cool toys / er I mean tools.

So, when are You getting Her her own saw ? I highly recommend the Husky 346 NE . :)

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter

Doc, she didn't tell you she was simply reading this forum? Or maybe she's been talking to Brandi?

Fred