What's the story on this -?

tripletap

Guy on another forum posted he has 120 hours on his 2305 and the fuel pump is blown - (not sure why it's not under warranty but apparently it isn't) he was complaining that the dealer quoted him a price of $4000 for a new fuel pump - are you shitting me? Is this what these replacement parts COST ...???:eek:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is insane. This sounds like an example of "you can't believe everything you see on the internet" kind of thing.
Or it's a typeo and it $400.
Just last week we had to replace the fuel pump on the old Chevy Silverado (93). It has the fuel pump in the gas tank, so it is impossible to get to without removing the whole friggin bed. Fuel pump and strainer cost 70 bucks but labor would have been 200. We did it at the house, using the FEL to lift the bed off and saved the 200 dollars.
Maybe the JD one is hard to get to on that model but I suspect noone would design a tractor around a fuel pump that costs $4000 to replace.
Please keep us posted as the details of this play out. Thanks! ...and welcome to Net Tractor Talk. :D :thumb:

Mith

The pumps in your link are just lift pumps, in the thread you linked to it appears his injector pump is damaged.
An injector pump is a serious bit of kit. You should never need to fit a new one, it should last the life of the engine. $4k is still quite steep. I priced one for a Kubota and it came out at ~$800

I suspect there may be more to this story, injector pumps dont just go wrong from sitting over winter.

Mark777

The pumps in your link are just lift pumps, in the thread you linked to it appears his injector pump is damaged.
An injector pump is a serious bit of kit. You should never need to fit a new one, it should last the life of the engine. $4k is still quite steep. I priced one for a Kubota and it came out at ~$800

I suspect there may be more to this story, injector pumps dont just go wrong from sitting over winter.[/QUOTE]

BINGO Jim :pat:!

Chances of an injection pump ...just going bad are extremely remote. But...if there's fuel condensation (water) inside, and allowed to freeze, expand and crack the body - it's replacement time!

I've never heard of any single component on a CUT costing $4K. Maybe a shortblock but not a pump.

Mark

tripletap

O.K. then and I see there must be an issue the original OP in that thread seems to have disappeared and his tractor is seven years old with only 120 hours on it - huh?

Mith

I'd be interested to see what checks were done to determine that it was the injector pump at fault.
From what I read, it seems that only one injector wasnt providing fuel. I would have expected the engine to start even with one dead cylinder.

Either way, if the OP has disappeared we'll probably never know.

irwin

The OP succeeded what he wanted. Many people posting about high cost of Deere fuel pump. He want's to rage at a tractor he bought in 2001 or 2002, he barely uses it and refuses to get competent help.

Over "there" he posted 3 times in 7 years, 2 compaints. The last two are related to getting his tractor started without an expert. I'd be very surpised if he actually needs an injector pump....unless it's something like already posted by Mark777 (although this is very doubtful, unless the pump had a lot of water in it)
Chances of an injection pump ...just going bad are extremely remote. But...if there's fuel condensation (water) inside, and allowed to freeze, expand and crack the body - it's replacement time!