ANY SUGGESTIONS: HAY BALER & MOWER/CONDITIONER

urednecku

I would like to get some opinions from all ya'll. :respect:
I have about 10 acres hermothia hay right now, and I'm serious thinking of planting about another 30 or so for sale. Last fall the 10 acres cut 135 bales, it cost me 75 bales to have it cut & bailed. I figure that's $1875 (75 x $25 going rate this year)--and at that rate, it wouldn't take many years to pay for my own mower/conditioner & baler.
I have a Kubota M7040, rated @ 68 HP, and an old, just re-built MF165 (I think it's rated about 66hp or so, it has bailed many round bales in it's pre-rebuilt life) I'll be using to run the mower & baler.
What things should I look for in the mower, for instance I read the disc mower picks up a lot of dust & dirt & mixes with the hay, but I know it's more popular here right now than the sickle-bar.
Same about the baler--I know I want round, but pro/con about things like twine vs net-wrap, etc.
BTW, the closest dealer to me with hay equip. is John Deere, by at least 20 miles.
THANKS!:beer:

OH YEA, anybody got one they wanna give away, or sell cheap??:hide:

From what I've seen the disc cutters are more expensive than the sickle's. Both are going to have dust issues which should some should be taken care of when the cut hay is raked and the rest when picked up by the baler.
I have a square baler so I can't help you with that question.

As for the dealer, have you checked the local equipment trader or craigslist?

Goat

In my crumbled opinion, you can't buy a better MoCo then a New Holland. They "float" better then any other brand. I picked up an old, noisey NH 269 for $300 last fall and LOVE it. I had been using it for 4 years before that.