JD 5085M - any owners out there?

Marshall

Very first post here.

I am about to buy a 5085M, 2wd with a deluxe cab. I will be cutting hay, tettering, and raking with the tractor. I will probably use it later on for running my round bailer as well. I currently use a 4030 for cutting and raking. It has an open station cab, it has the roof, no windows or ac. I am getting to where I want some comforts while I am in the hay fields.

Anybody out there with experience with this tractor? Is this enough tractor for what I am doing, or is it too much tractor.

I dont need a 4wd tractor, my thought is that is just something else to maintain and possibly repair one day. I dont want that.

Replies are appreciated.

Marshall

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Marshall, I certainly am not experienced in a tractor of that size, but want to welcome to NTT. Hopefully someone will be along soon that can answer your questions.

Marshall

I got it.

I got the new tractor. I have tettered 30 acres and then turned around and raked the 30 acres with it and it used 12.5 gallons of fuel. So far, I am impressed. Cutting with it is next.

Marshall

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on the new tractor. Sounds like you did it with a smile on your face.

:nopics::nopics2:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations but I agree with OhioTC18, we need pictures.

I'm not familiar with JD anymore. What is the hp and weight of the 5085M? I agree with you about the comfort of that a/c cab. It can't be beat. What surprised me is that the heater during the winter is almost as useful as the a/c during the summer ... and I live in Texas. Enjoy it and work it hard, but not too hard. :)

Marshall

Specs.

The 5085M 2wd that I have is said to weigh 7600 lbs I believe. The HP is 85. I have a Kuhn GMD 700 attached to it and I have water in all the tires. I need some weights on the front, but I dont know how many. The owners manual for the tractor said that if the implement code is 76 to 85, 2 weights, 86-95, 4 weights.........etc.

Does anybody know what the implement code is for a Kuhn GMD 700?

Thanks,

Marshall