MBN Members Here?

olcowhand

Wanted to let any MBN members that are members here that Matt had to shut MBN down for upgrading. She'll likely be down a few days, but no worry...Matt is switching software & new server. Should be lightning fast when it's up & running. Should be all new site sometime the 1st week of September. Right now he's switching things around & requires old forum to be down during. Hang in there, it's gonna be MUCH better. Been hard for me to navigate there too, and messing with deleting spammers there was a bit for sure. I hate it being down, but it'll be worth the wait.

aspenelm

New here but displaced from MBN (neojunk). Hadn't been checking MBN much since it wasn't running very smoothly. Thought I recognized a few names here.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT aspenelm. I hope your visit here makes you want to hang around. Heck, be a member of BOTH.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
New here but displaced from MBN (neojunk). Hadn't been checking MBN much since it wasn't running very smoothly. Thought I recognized a few names here.
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. We like projects here to. While waiting for MBN to get better how about posting some of your projects here for us to enjoy. Please!!! :thumb: :beer:

aspenelm

Thanks for the welcome guys. As far as projects...where to begin...my short list is converting an F550 box truck to flatbed dump with sides, a homemade 4wd tractor from 3/4 ton truck with hydrostatic drive, and rehabilitating a 1964 Case 530 tractor with loader. Any interest in those? I'll make some new topics for them. But I don't work too fast, they get done when they get done.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heck yeah. I would love to see all of those. The dump truck conversion especially. The homemade 4wd tractor from a 3/4 ton truck would be so awesome.
Understand you work at your own pace I would be tickled if you would share your work here as you go. We'll try not to rush ya. :D ...and we might even have a good idea or two for you if that is needed.

cleatusj

MBN was my first forum, but I've been a member of several tractor forums for years now, so most of my projects show up in several locations.

aspenelm

Yep, I know you guys cleatusj, olcowhand, and mith. I'm still perusing this site so I haven't seen all yet. I noticed MBN is back up for now.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Love your machine builder projects aspenelm. With one machine builder project I didn't feel comfortable making a dedicated forum. now you've posted two machine builder projects and Mith has done one or two so we have a new forum. :D I left permanent links in the forums where you originally posted your projects but the threads now live in the machine builders forum. :thumb:
Mods, if / when you find Mith's machine builder projects please move them to the machine builder forum (leaving a permanent redirect). Thanks!!!!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Love your machine builder projects aspenelm. With one machine builder project I didn't feel comfortable making a dedicated forum. now you've posted two machine builder projects and Mith has done one or two so we have a new forum. :D I left permanent links in the forums where you originally posted your projects but the threads now live in the machine builders forum. :thumb:
Mods, if / when you find Mith's machine builder projects please move them to the machine builder forum (leaving a permanent redirect). Thanks!!!!!

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
But I don't work too fast, they get done when they get done.

As an old retired person, that's the story of my life. In fact two years ago I got an old coffee can filled full of washers for Christmas. Each one of them had "ROUNDTOIT" written on it coz that's when things things get done around here ... when I get round to it. :yum:

aspenelm

LOL, I'm a long ways from retiring but I've missed so many self-imposed project deadlines that I've given up. I make fewer mistakes when I don't have to get something done tomorrow.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL, I'm a long ways from retiring but I've missed so many self-imposed project deadlines that I've given up. I make fewer mistakes when I don't have to get something done tomorrow.
I'll 2nd that. Rushing a project causes more trouble than it's worth.

as for the retiring, 60 minutes has a bit on retirement this past Sunday. The trend is more and more people are putting off retiring or retiring from one job and going to another position (possibly unpaid) but something to keep their mind working and keep them busy and feeling fulfilled.
I can relate to that. I'm getting close to retirement age but really don't want to retire. I enjoy my work. When / if it stops being fun, I'll move on to whatever is next ...but I figure I'll always be working at something. :D :beer:

olcowhand

I said wrong when MBN would be up 1st week of September. The date is September 21st for the new MBN. (Neojunk) When it's back online, please come back, as well as a welcome to all to join. The new forum will be much better, and complete with a photo section for all your project pics.
Sorry I haven't been posting much here, but farming is full-tilt for me chopping silage & will stay busy until end of October at least. Not had time for anything but work lately.