L3710 HST 4WD (lost power)

footloose

I have power lost on my Kubota (HST) after running it about 3 hrs I can’t pull or push that easy its not being over work really bad neither working in the woods getting ready for winter and bush hogging, here’s a little back ground. I live about 17 miles from my home farm I take the Kubota out do a lot of work for what a small bob cat can not do. it take’s about a 50 minutes to get there, last week when going out to the farm about 30mins in to the road trip. I back up about 200 feet to look at some thing that I saw. Then took off again and notice while going up the hill the tractor was not loosing any rpm but the speed was slower and slower. I put it in M and it was doing the same thing. I live in Wisconsin and there are lots of hills so it’s noticeable now. What would or could have happen when going in reverse? I never notice it before.

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Footloose, welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
Are you by chance new to hydro tractors? This is a common 'feature' of hydro drive tractors, you can give it more gas but less power comes out. If that's the case it sounds like you simply need to be in L for the hills in question.
If it's doing this on level ground that is a completely different issue.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In that case have you checked the hydro fluid level? How about the strainer/filter? If plugged that could cause a loss of power. Are you do for a fluid change?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

In that case have you checked the hydro fluid level? How about the strainer/filter? If plugged that could cause a loss of power. Are you do for a fluid change?

Thats what happened to my L3400. One of the hoses behind the dash board sprung a small leak. I didn't see it since it was hidden. The fluid level got a little low and all kinds of hydraulic stuff slowed down or didn't work.
JM

footloose

THANKS GUYS

I DID CHANGE THE 2 FILTERS BUT DID NOTCLEAN THE STRAINER, WHERE WOULD THAT BE LOCATED THE OIL LOOKED GOOD . ALSO JIM YOU SAID SOMETHING ABOUT A LEAK UNDER THE PLATE WOULD THERE BE OIL SHOWING UP SOME PLACE OR DIRT STICKING PLACES WHERE IT WOULD BE LEAKING, THERE'S 970 HRS ON THE TRACTOR I CHANGE THE OIL WHEN I FIRST GOT 150 HRS ON IT ALL THE OIL WAS CHANGE OUT, AND NEW FILTER PUT ON CHANGE ENGINE OIL AT 150 HRS USUALLY IN THE FALL WHEN ITS CHANGE.
THANKS AGAIN

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I"m not sure your model has a strainer. With two filters maybe it does not. If someone else knows please jump in here.
If the fluid level is okay, the only other piece of the puzzle I can think of would be the hydro pump. This is only a guess, and I have no idea of how you would check that. With only 970 hours it seems way early for something like that to go bad. :confused: