I need some information and nobody knows the answer

Marshall

The 5085M 2wd that I have is said to weigh 7600 lbs I believe. The HP is 85. I have a Kuhn GMD 700 attached to it and I have water in all the tires. I need some weights on the front, but I dont know how many. The owners manual for the tractor said that if the implement code is 76 to 85, 2 weights, 86-95, 4 weights.........etc.

Does anybody know what the implement code is for a Kuhn GMD 700? How many weights on the front to give me a firm stance on the front tires. The Kuhn cutter weighs 1250 lbs.

Thanks,

Marshall

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think that implement code thing is for Deere or Frontier implements.

I would get the weight for the Kuhn and look for a Deere implement that is similar.

Jim

Marshall

Im stumped

The dealer says he doesn't know what an implement code would be. Says he has never heard of such a thing. There is a chart in the owners manual for implement codes for what amount of weights to use, but it tells you no information on the implements codes and/or weights themselves.

Marshall

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I went out to Deere's website, and looked at the operator's manual for a 609 rotary cutter. The 609 cutter, at 1195 lbs, is a code 83. the 709 cutter, at 1381 pounds, is a code 106. Yours would probably fall in between, at a code value of maybe 90 to 95. HTH.

Fred

Marshall

That helps, I had 4 weights put on there because I hadn't gotten an answer. The code as you have mentioned states to have 4 weights on the front.

Perfect..

Thanks,

Marshall