Skeeters Anyone ?

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I,m curious if everyone else is having Skeeter problems as We have had the last week or so. I Keep Everything Mowed , Spray to control them as well as treat the standing water & small pond I,m trying to get built .

The Last week or so They are Everywhere Way more then ussual , Including the Gravel Drives & around My garages which are also Surounded by Gravel . The Odd thing to Me is They aint been a problem all summer . The last 2 or 3 nights its been in the mid to high 40,s which normally Means Skeeter season is over, But not this year. Not to mention the Thousands of millers Which are normal this time off year .

I Spent last evening spraying close to 5 acres surounding the house & out buildings with a Skeeter & Fly concentrated spray that has allways worked in the past but had little effect this time . Sorry for the long post , but this will be the first year I,m looking forward to an earlly freeze :hide: . Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They have not been bad at all this year over here in Ohio. I hope they are not moving this direction. The past few weeks yellow jackets have been thicker than usual.
You can keep the Skeeters. :D

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
The Yellow Jackets are getting restless with some of the cooler nights now. But I have not seen many Skeeters around here this year.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Theys about 2" long up, here.

Yup. We had a wet spring and ever since then those little buggers have been swarming all over the place. I sprayed the 4 acre yard and half the pasture about 3 weeks ago and it seemed to do some good until we had 8 days of rain. Now, I swear that there are more than ever as well as ant hills popping up all over the place. Fixin' to spray again tomorrow. I'll get them all this time. I promise.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I Haven,t seen a Yellow jacket, Wasp, Muddobber or anything else like them since I tore that shed down Doc . Sure hope it stays that way next year .

I Just dont remember seeing any skeeters after the first cool snap , This Year their still active in the mid 40,s . I sure hope they Aren,t getting imune to colder temps . :pat:

What do use for spray Frank ?

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I haven't got it sprayed yet. The wind has been blowing pretty strong for the past few days and I had mowing to get done. I'm hoping to get "round-to-it" tomorrow.

I'm going to use Sevin this time around. That's what I use most of but every other time I change to malathion and sometimes Chlorpyrifos, especially on the veggie garden. I also try to fog around the house once a week just to keep the little devils under control, besides it's cool watching the fog roll across the yard on a calm evening.

Man, I do miss diazanon (?)

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Funny You mention that Frank , I found 2 old glass quarts of diazanon, a quart of Durasban & A old glass gallon Jug off 100% cloridane :eek: all in That ole shed I tore down. All are unopened . Of coarse since They are all Illegal now I,ll dispose of them properlly , a few ounces at a time :mrgreen: . Bob