Cross reference for HST filter?

sopwith

I just bought my first HST filter for my first oil change. The HST filter cost $40.00. Does anyone know of a cheaper replacement?

Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
I have a Kubota and trust their filters more than any aftermarket ones.l I don't change them that often that I searched for a lower price.
You might google or go to shopping.com and search for the exact filter make you need and see what comes up.
What kind of tractor are you buying the filter for?

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I just bought my first HST filter for my first oil change. The HST filter cost $40.00. Does anyone know of a cheaper replacement?

Thanks

It depends on the model. I think you can find aftermarket hydro filters for the CK series but as of now I know none that meet the DK series models.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Opps. I did not notice this was in the Kioti forum. :hide:

sopwith

I have a CK27 that I bought to replace my old Mitsubishi. I haven't put 50 hours on it yet. I checked at an auto parts store but they couldn't find a replacement. I will just pay the $40 if I can't find a substitute, but $40 is alot for an oil filter! The dealer I bought it from also said I can skip the first hydraulic oil change, as the filter gets all the metal. When they change the oil the shop puts it in their old tractors rather than throw it away. I will still pull the plug to see how much metal is in the sump.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your new CK27. :thumb:
I agree, it is a good idea to pull the plug and see if any metal is in the sump. :thumb: