Seat time this weekend.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a good weekend. Weather cooperated and I got plenty of seat time. I bush hogged 7 acres of hilly terrain. This is the first time I did this area since I added my tooth bar. Now, who would think a tooth bar would help with bush hoggin? I didn't. Boy was I wrong. That tooth bar was a godsend. It would grab the vines that were climbing up all the trees and yank them right down ....and much like a rake once I got em to the ground I would pull them into an open area and run over them with the bush hog. Worked out perfect. The trees look so much better without the vines all over them. So, I just had to share. Like so many other implements I've purchased, I get them for one task and it comes in handy for doing other things that I had not even considered. Gotta love it. :thumb:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Rub it in Doc , I aint got around to getting Mine ordered , lol . Sounds like one more reason one would come in handy for me, I have tons of vines as well . I cant Remember is yours a Markam & how long did it take to get it ? Thanks . Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, mine is a Markum. I dealt with Mellisa and she fixed me right up. I had it 4 days after placing the order. :thumb:

It strips the vines out of the trees so that I don't even have to get out of the seat. Truly remarkable. :D I was grinning ear to ear. :D :D :D

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Yep, mine is a Markum. I dealt with Mellisa and she fixed me right up. I had it 4 days after placing the order. :thumb:

It strips the vines out of the trees so that I don't even have to get out of the seat. Truly remarkable. :D I was grinning ear to ear. :D :D :D

Sounds like I need one. Up until now I've always used the grapple to grab hold of them and back on out of there.

As for mowing, I'm thinking that is a lost cause. I started mowing the pasture last week and its rained ever since. Got 4" yesterday and supposed to have more for the rest of the week. I also cut 5 acres in town for the local library but I haven't got it done for a month because of the weather and other commitments. It's so bad that I'm surprised the Code Enforcement Officer hasn't written them a ticket yet. It's strange how one week of rain can set you two weeks behind. I never quite figured that one out.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have grapple envy. I'm sure a grapple would do a good job of it but for the poor folks amongst us who don't have a grapple the toothbar does a great job. I would raise the bucket, and point the teeth down and lower the bucket. It would catch them nasty ole vines and as I backed out it yanked them right out of the trees. :D I expect a grapple would do every but as good if not better at de-vining the trees.