L2500

cj7

Does anyone know if Kubota installed any additional fuel line screens in the fuel line from the tank to the filter or from the filter to the injector pump?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you asking if they added these screws post production .... a recall of sorts? :confused:

cj7

no

just wondered if they exist before I take it all apart looking for additional screens in the fuel system.

The issue I have is if I have only about a 1/4 tank left of fuel while coming up my lane it will dcrease rpms because of lake of fuel. There is nothing in the tank and it has a new filter. I have always ahd the issue with the machine. But if i fill it to full then there is enough pressure to keep up with the demand of the injectors.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
no

just wondered if they exist before I take it all apart looking for additional screens in the fuel system.

The issue I have is if I have only about a 1/4 tank left of fuel while coming up my lane it will dcrease rpms because of lake of fuel. There is nothing in the tank and it has a new filter. I have always ahd the issue with the machine. But if i fill it to full then there is enough pressure to keep up with the demand of the injectors.

Are you sure that there is 1/4 tank left when the problem starts. I had a new tank put on the B2400 and the sender wasn't calibrated properly. When the gauge showed just over an 1/8 full it was bone, air sucking dry. The first time I used it I got stuck waaayyy out in the back 40. Man, was I pissed off. I had to walk all the way back to the house and then lug a 5 gallon can all the way back out there.

I'm not familiar with the L2500 but I don't think that there are any in line screens in the fuel system. I think that it's just a gravity feed straight from the tank to the filter/sediment bowl.

Don't be too sure that there isn't anything in the tank either. I got a leaf in mine and that caused weeks of heartache. I also read somewhere, on this board or another, that one guy had a wasp fly into his tank while refueling and he never noticed. It lodged in the tank outlet and caused all kinds of grief. Eventually, he had to take the tank out to get the little bugger cleaned out of there.

Good luck. Hope you find a solution soon. There is nothing more frustrating than having your machine start to cough and splutter in the middle of using it.

cj7

Yes I am certain I have 1/4 tank. I looked inside. And like I said there is nothing in the tank. I just took it out, cleaned applied a coating kit in it due to the seam starting to rust. Which that is what I felt was the issue in the first place causing the starving issue.

But it is very possible that a stray piece of rust made its way into the fuel line before I took out the tank for repair and is lodged. (somethign I just now thought of)

I am sure I'll figure it out eventually.