3 hours yesterday, 2 more today, still not finished!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
29 inches of snow Friday evening and Saturday. Drifts to 4 feet.

We used both tractors (L3400 and BX2350) Sunday. Guess I should add Beths 3 hours to the total in the title.

Plowed out the barn area and the turnouts for the horses. plowed the road from the barn to the driveway. cleared the parking pad beside the garage and the short driveway to the main road.

Today moved the vehicles and trailers away from the garage and cleared that area. Still have the long driveway to do. Saved that for tomorrow.

I have some pics in my cell phone. I'll try to get those posted later today.

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW. I would love a snowfall like that ....for a little bit anyway. :D
It's supposed to be up to 45 Friday. Probably to much snow for that to melt it. you will be seeing that snow for quite a while.
Good luck with everything Jim. I know it has to be a nightmare.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My sister in Roanoke had about 15-18". It just about shut them down.

That's a couple of hundred miles south and a little west of us. Our retirement place is down US220 from Roanoke, just south of Rocky Mount.

The official total in DC was 16.9 inches. Lots of rural areas over 20 inches and one of our neighbors 10 miles away but on the other side of the mountain got 36 inches.

Jim

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Oh Jim, you can keep that white stuff. It was 65 here today and beautiful. It was the first nice day we've had for a while but it's supposed to get colder and wetter tomorrow and the rest of the week. Still the lows are only supposed to get down to just above freezing ... I hope. My old bones can't handle that cold weather very well any more.