Rock picker - took 1500 yds from 55 acres in 65 hours

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Jids! Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
Thanks for sharing. That rock picker does a heck of a job. Very cools stuff. :thumb: Good luck with the patent and all the paperwork involved.

Jids

Hi Jids! Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
Thanks for sharing. That rock picker does a heck of a job. Very cools stuff. :thumb: Good luck with the patent and all the paperwork involved.

Thanks Doc! I just heard Merf saying that the patent went through. I think that his brother had started it all a year or so ago. Yep, it sounds like it's a pretty painful process.

Jids

That is really great ! Is a Potatoe picker made along the same idea ? I really do not know .

I wondered the same thing, but I think that the rake and the tumbler would beat potatoes up pretty badly.

Now picking rocks from a potato field, on the other hand, might work pretty well. :) I've heard Merf saying that he would like to see if he can meet the spec for picking rocks from potato fields. He figures that he could do it if he made a few passes.

Ron Leard

I loved the rock picker video. I wonder if they could find a market for the picked rocks? (Kill 2 birds with 1 stone) Would make good errosion control arnd streams & embankments!

Jids

I loved the rock picker video. I wonder if they could find a market for the picked rocks? (Kill 2 birds with 1 stone) Would make good errosion control arnd streams & embankments!

Glad you liked the video, Ron! Yep, it sounds like Merf is thinking along those lines too.