lots of seat time this weekend

Erik

snow started Thursday afternoon.
ended for the most part by Saturday morning.
spent a couple hours each Thurs-Sat clearing the drive & parking.
Spent most of yesterday digging other folks out.
other than the 180 spin coming out of one drive yesterday (on a hill, of course) it was pretty uneventful -- one lesson learned - need better boots!
anyone else have any winter weather?

urednecku

That's good of ya to help dig your neighbors out. :beer:
You can tell it's winter here, too. I think the high yesterday was around 60 or so, and the low's last week or so has gotten down into the 40's.

:yankchain:

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
There were a couple of flurries across parts of Northern Alabama Friday, but no kind of accumulation. Just generally cold (as measured here!) with rain predicted later in the week, and colder for the weekend. Not like Paxico, where my friends had to dig themselves out of more than 10 inches Saturday!

Fred

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Our only accumulation was teh weekend before Christmas. We got 6 inches. Very easy to handle, and since it had been above freezing before the snow the roads did not even get bad like they normally do.
I was thinking of you guys in the heavy snow areas. One part of me is jealous cause I do like playing in the snow with my tractor, but realistically, I know we were lucky not to get dumped on like yall didi. I figure we'll get our share before winter is done.

Erik

Doc - we got up Friday and the wife said - congrats, you got your snow for once.
I was in heaven.

Fred - sorry I never made it over to Wamego during your extended stay so we could share another meal.. But yeah, we were in the same storm as your friends in Paxico.

Supposed to be cold most of the week - lows on either side of 0, and a chance for a couple more inches of snow Wednesday. I need to find a decent pair of Pac Boots if I'm going to keep doing this snow removal stuff for friends. (at least they covered the cost of my diesel!)

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
We had rain on Christmas. It snowed last night, maybe an inch or so. Highs in the 20's for the next few days so it'll stay on the ground.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I envy you. I haven't fired up either of the tractors in a couple of weeks. As a friend put it, "It's too cold to plant, too wet to plow" and that about sums it up.

I did however change two of the wheels on the finishing mower and sharpened the blades. I'm waiting for it to dry out some (and get a little warmer) so I can start on my annual clearing of the "thicket". I gain on it a little every year. If I live to be about 150 years old, I might get it all cleared. I also promised myself that I'd do something about clearing the fence lines this winter. I just need a little co-operation from the weather and, I must admit, a little motivation.